Growing up as a young boy in Yilan, Taiwan, Michael Lin ran the halls of his family’s hospital unaware of his destiny to become a doctor, following the three generations of male doctors who proceeded him. But after receiving high marks for the MCAT and graduating from the University of Santa Barbara with a B.S. degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in 1996—he announced a plan other than medical school. “In the health field, I wanted to focus on prevention and promoting longevity rather than intervention,” says Lin. That same year, he became a certified personal trainer.
In 2000, Michael successfully embarked on his own personal training company. VERVE has experienced booming success as a boutique fitness company, bringing private/group fitness services to individuals and corporations. “Throughout this growth, our commitment to the highest quality service and personal training has never wavered,” Lin says.
Michael’s professional accreditation includes:
- Featured as Best Trainers in Washingtonian Magazine and Capital File Magazine
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Trainer
- APEX Certified Nutritional Counselor
- Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic
- Advance Cardiac Life Support provider by the American Heart Association
- AFPA, American Fitness Professionals and Associates, certified trainer of special population
- FPA Certified Post-Rehabilitation Exercise Specialist
- Member of IDEA since 2000, the largest association of personal trainers
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) certified trainer, specializing in Golf Conditioning
- CrossFit Certified Coach
Michael believes and lives the prophesy that proper fitness and a healthy mindset are the keys to a happier and fuller life. A consummate athlete, he fully embraces what he preaches, and enjoys playing tennis, golfing, surfing, snowboarding, and competing in triathlon races. He has competed in CrossFit Games Open annually with a best finish of 128th out of over 12,000 athletes worldwide in his age group division in 2014. He's also a SuperFit Competition (December 2014) Top 3 Finisher!